Sub message

You think you know me but you have no idea!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Think vs Know

A lot of people think they know me...

They think I'm self-centered, arrogant, and cocky...and all I want is the attention...

They think I don't want to work and that I want everything to come easy to me...

They think I'm stubborn and hard-headed, a renegade...

People look at me and think I'm all about the girls and groupies...that I'm just a jock

They think I can care less about school...

They read my statuses on Facebook and my twitter timeline and they develop an inaccurate image of
who I really am...

They think they know me...

but...

If they really knew me...

They'd know that I'm full of surprises...

They'd know that even though I may visually appear full of myself or to be an asshole, I'm actually sincere and compassionate to others...

They'd know that I'm weird, and that I'm interested in the unusual things, like Harry Potter stories, and that I actually Sex in the City (only the first movie), and interior designing (random? I know)...

If they really knew me, they'd know that I'm much more than just an athlete or an alpha, and that I have a multiple array of talents and qualities that can add to my unique identity

They'd know that it's not about chasing women and being promiscuous, and that I've grown from that period of my life...

They'd know that I've been trying better myself physically, emotionally, and spiritually...

They'd know how intelligent I am, and they wouldn't let my tattoos and the fact I'm a football player distort their perceptions of me...

They'd know how loyal and trustworthy I am...

They'd know how much I deserve a genuinely good woman, and how equipped and prepared I am to be that genuinely good man in return...

They'd know what family and friendship means to me, and that I would go the length to ensure their well-being and happiness...

They'd know how much I love my mother and that all I want to do is repay her...

If people really knew me, they'd know my drive for success and desire to be better than the next person...

but...

They don't...

They only know what's directly in front of them...and essentially...

They know nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment